Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday Funday. Except not.


    What a wonderfully horrible day. So it started out like any normal day. Penny woke me up around six AM to go "potty", so up I got, trudging my way to the back to door to let the three dogs currently occupying our room outdoors to use the bathroom. Just like every other morning, I had a full bladder from the nights sleep and so I headed sleepily for the bathroom. But right as I turn towards the kitchen I hear the bathroom door shut. Irritated I head back to our room to wait for this bathroom bandit to get done with his or her business. About ten minutes goes by and this annoying occupant of the porcelain throne is STILL in the bathroom. At this point my stomach is aching to no end and my bladder is about to burst. Another five minutes go by and I hear the door open and Randy says, "Go! Go! Go!" So I get up and groggily head to the bathroom, but BAM another toilet thief gets to it before me. At this point I am livid! So I, very brat-like, stomp back into our bedroom, kick off my slippers, and plop back down on the couch. Randy tries to tell me to calm down, but he's not the one with a bladder full of 4 hours worth of pee. After a while Randy gets up to see who has cut me in the potty line and turns out it's that bratty little cousin of his and he's decided to take a shower. I'm already extremely annoyed that his aunt and two cousins are even still staying here after two months and now they are interrupting my morning bathroom ritual. So Randy says to go in his mom's room which would be all fine and dandy except for the fact that his mom and dads bathroom doesn't have a door. Finally his mom goes and yells at the kid to get the hell out of the bathroom so I can use it. I just wanted to kiss her face. So I finally get to use the bathroom and relieve my poor bean of a bladder. After what seemed like the longest pee of my life I once again drag my feet back to the bedroom to try and get my last two hours of sleep before having to get ready for work. Well SYKE. No sleep for me. My body decided since it had to suffer through the torture of being full of pee it's not going to let me sleep. So I lay in bed tossing and turing and checking my phone and then tossing and turning some more, but no luck. Finally I decided to just get up and take a shower. This is around eight AM and my alarm isn't set to go off for another forty minutes so of course I'm beyond irritated.
    Showered and exhausted, running on six hours of sleep, I ran and got me and Randy some "McInedible" (I'm still stuck in Looking For Alaska so excuse my reference). Around 9:20 I decided it was time to get me some Starbucks. The lady who took my order was more unpleasant than I felt. It really bummed me out. She also didn't take my order right and I ended with a Venti instead of a Tall. Now I used to be an avid coffee drinker, but as of late I haven't had the please of getting my coffee fix. So with this in mind I finished the entire Venti. This is where my day got fantastic. I feel like I could feel my pupils enlarge as the caffeine went straight to my brain and heart. I was in full on caffeine high mode. My tables loved it! They always love when I have high energy and it shows in my tips. This hyper version of me lasted for a good three or four hours. And then the doom.
    Around 3:00 this afternoon I started to feel the effects of my sugary, caffeiney high subside. I was starting to slow down and I could feel myself getting lethargic. By the time I had my last table at 3:30 I felt like death. With all my side work done and my food ordered to go I had to exert a lot of effort to stay standing. Once I got home and ate I thought I would feel so much better, but of course as things go for me I felt much, much worse. I laid down and tried to sleep away my ickyness. This was entirely unsuccessful. Finally I got up and used the restroom and got most of it out luckily not by throwing up but by the other end. Then I ate some saltines which have settled my stomach some. Now I currently just have the remnants of a headache and I feel a little less like a hung over frat girl. I even got up the strength to write this post!
{I just like to note that the grumpy Starbucks employee also spelled my name wrong}
{I'm clearly very bitter towards her for second handedly ruining my day}

No comments:

Post a Comment